linkedin github instagram envelope-o home-outline menu

Latest blog updates

A few years ago I discovered the fastest option to make chocolate mousse (or at least one that is very easy and takes almost no effort). That recipe uses a siphon for almost instant results. Although it is still the fastest option, I tend to use it less and less...

Eggs and cream are the staple food of (classic) desserts. Flans, crème brûlée, crema Catalana, mousse, are all made with these basic ingredients; sometimes directly but often using a custard base. Though, sometimes dietary requirements (or the need of a challenge) requires us to look for alternatives. The eggs and...

In the previous post I talked about getting started with generative adversarial networks (GANs) and applied these types of networks to the MNIST dataset. In that application we limited ourselves to 1D black-and-white images which are fairly easy for a network to learn. Eventually though, we want to switch to...

Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) are one of the hot topics within Deep Learning right now and are applied to various tasks, ranging from un/semi-supervised learning to generating images. These networks were originally introduced by Ian Goodfellow et al. in 2014: We propose a new framework for estimating generative models via...

Flank steak, when prepared correctly, is one of my favorite types of beef. The steak is cut from the abdominal muscles or lower chest of the cow1 and is usually classified as a “work meat”. Nevertheless, the flank steak is an overall lean piece of the cow and is usually...

Most of my food projects are first published on Instagram. Some interesting ones I also post here with a full recipe. For this I required a fast and (most importantly) simple way to add Instagram posts to a Jekyll blog. For this I created a shell script that can automatically...

It has been over two years since the last full update of my website itself and it was time for an upgrade! I started from scratch and rebuild the whole underlying Jekyll structure and all of the CSS. The main goal was to create a new fresh design while keeping...